The Old Phoenix
Location of our hotel
If you want to retreat away from crowds, mass tourism, noise and
wish to be in close contact with unspoilt nature this place is
for you. Come once and you too are likely to visit us again and
What is so special about us?
- The Old Phoenix can only be reached on foot or by boat. There
is no sound of traffic and everything moves at a slow and laid-back
- The guests come here looking for peace so they are unlikely
to be noisy themselves.
- All our rooms have large balconies overlooking the Libyan
- Our food is simple, traditional Cretan fare, cooked daily from
fresh local ingredients by the family.
- Despite the quietness there is a whole range of things to
do including lazing on the beach, snorkeling in some of the clearest
waters in the Mediterranean, easy walks to serious hiking, canoeing
and excursions by boat to the neighbouring villages.
- Watching the two sea turtles (Caretta caretta) that have chosen to live in our bay since 2010 is also a nice addition to the quiet entertainment that I can be had during the day.